An excellent opportunity has become available for a full time Commercial Manager to join a high growth, progressive market leader group in the design, manufacture and construction of controlled environments for electric vehicle battery manufacturing facilities.
The ideal candidate will join the team in a key position as part of the business’ leadership team to work closely with and support Directors. The role will be based at the head office in Tyne & Wear with regular site visits to other company locations and travel from time to time across the UK and Europe.
This role offers a highly competitive salary, expenses and 25 days annual leave.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the Commercial Department, review and develop commercial strategies and policies to support development of the department and business maturity
- Ownership of the cost plan with management and presentation of this information to Directors and the client’s leadership teams
- Support the universal incorporation of commercial information into the programmes to assist in the development of cost and time profile
- Oversee the control and maintenance of project baselines and develop and track change control process as required
- Define project specific evaluation models for procurement packages. Assess and evaluate the commercial performance of tender
- Control the measurement and valuation work done for monthly payment applications, along with the negotiation and preparation of contractual variations with clients
- Identify and participate in developing initiatives to add value and improve the project opportunities, performance and procedures
- Identify and act upon opportunities to improve cost management procedures, templates and products, to improve business efficiency
- Ensure timely execution of business management responsibilities
- Identify, take ownership and act upon ways to improve internal systems and processes
- Provide support and guidance to the project team
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant subject, RICS desirable
- 10+ years construction industry experience
- Commercial acumen with strong numeracy skills
- Ability to challenge information presented
- Good knowledge of excel and word
- Good knowledge of JCT and NEC contracts
- Ability to self-start, build confidence and cultivate trust with colleagues and represent the business with client teams
If interested, please send a Cover Letter and your CV to Padraic Treacy at:
Alternatively, apply below: