Job Title: Asgard Group Accounting Manager
Salary: Tba Based on Experience
Place Of Work: Kilkenny
Term: 12 Months
Reporting To: Group Financial Director
Hours: Monday to Thursday 8.30am – 5.00pm, Friday 8.30am – 3.30pm
An excellent opportunity for a commercially focussed Senior Accounting Manager has become available to join a high growth international specialist construction group as Senior Accounting Manager for a term of 12 months. The role offers the opportunity to explore and understand business performance of the whole group. The role reports directly to the Asgard Cleanrooms and Group Finance Directors and has several direct reports.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities of the position include, but are not restricted to, the following:
- Prepare multiple group members quarterly management and annual statutory accounts for multiple entities.
- Role requires accurate external and internal reporting, both at a local statutory level and at a group level and requires excellent collaboration skills with internal and external stakeholders.
- Process group intercompany transactions for a group of over 15 related parties.
- Be the main point of contact with external auditors for group subsidiary audits, holding companies audits and foreign entity audits.
- Prepare the groups consolidated accounts (currently via Excel) and be the main contact with the group auditor for the audit and preparation of the statutory consolidated accounts.
- Review the processing and recording of monthly payroll for Ireland (100+ employees) and review of payroll information prepared by outside providers for the groups foreign subsidiaries.
- Manage group compliance for individual and group entities based in various jurisdictions (Ireland UK, Netherland and Switzerland (VAT, RCT/CIS, VIES, domestic and foreign payroll).
- Work closely with the group commercial departments to process monthly Invoices of multiple construction contracts and track the work in progress values for the quarterly accounts.
- Accounts receivable management ensuring client companies pay within contractual terms.
- Be the main contact for multiple internal & external stakeholders – Enterprise Ireland, Senior Management Ad Hoc requests, Insurance providers, employees, Compliance agencies.
- Supervise and mentor a team of 4 trainee accountants and bookkeepers spread across group entities in Ireland and the UK.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with 7+ years post qualification experience in demanding senior financial roles.
- Public Accounting Training with a strong emphasis on reporting accounts preparation, auditing and compliance.
- Excellent Financial Reporting Skills, technically strong with an ability to work independently, excellent attention to detail, good organisational and time management skills.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly, Excel.
- Familiarity with cloud-based accounting systems and general ledger maintenance.
- Excellent Communication skills, both verbal and written.
If interested, please send a Cover Letter and your CV to Padraic Treacy at:
Alternatively, apply below: